Face pack are an ideal way of removing the dead cells on the outer layer of the skin. In fact, a mask performs many functions that improve the health and appearance of the skin. A good mask should improve skin texture, make it clearer and more translucent, and also preserve its youthful qualities.
Mask do a deep cleansing action on the skin, removing impurities, wastes and dead skin cells. They also keep the pores free of clogged oil and prevent many related problems.
The removal of dead cells helps to improve the skin’s ability to absorb products, making moisturization much more effective. Also, the skin’s cell renewal function improves.
The process of drying and hardening of many facial masks and their subsequent removal, causes an expansion of the blood vessels in the skin, bringing an improvement in skin tone.
Blood circulation to the skin surface also improves greatly, leaving the skin glowing and refresh. Masks should be choose according to individual requirements. There are many kinds of masks, depending on the functions they perform.
1)Cleansing Face Pack:-
- Cleansing face pack are better suited to oily and some combination skins.
- They are designed to draw out excess oil and pollutants from the surface.
- These remove from the skin when the mask is washed off.
- Cleansing masks also help to unclog the pores and remove dead skin cells.
- Thus, they discourage the formation of blackheads, refine the pores and improve the texture of the skin.
You can also read about Skin: Structure, Function, And Skin Types
2) Moisturizing And Nourishing Face Pack:-
- These are of special benefit to normal and dry skins.
- They help to hydrate the skin and iron out fine lines.
- The skin becomes smooth, soft and firm.
- Anti-wrinkle mask which reinforced with honey, wheatgerm, tolu, balsam and other extracts that nourish the skin and increase its ability to retain moisture.
- Moisturizing mask a light texture and a watery consistency that is suitable even for the delicate skin around the eyes.
3) Stimulating Face Pack:-
- All skin types can benefit from stimulating masks.
- They help to improve blood circulation to the skin surface, remove dead epithelial cells and revitalize the skin.
- Stimulating mask should contain seaweed lotion, honey yoghurt, and egg white.
- The mask which contain these ingredients that helps to deeply cleanse your skin, tightens the pores and minimize the blemishes.
- This kind of mask helps to treat open pores, scars, hyperpigmentation, dehydration, ageing skin and sun damage.
- The mask which contain apricot and honey, along with herbal oils, it helps to lift impurities from the skin, refreshing and revitalizing.
- It nourishes the skin too and gives it a youthful glow.
You can also read about Hairs: Structure, Function And Hair Type
4) Medicated Face Pack:-
- Medicated masks formulated for specific problems, like pimples, rash and other eruption, as well as for skin sensitivity.
- It can also be used if there is acne, as it helps to soothe and heal the skin.
- It also creates a germicidal surface to control such conditions from spreading.
You can also read about Natural Care: Diets & Nutrition, Natural Foods
Tips For Face Pack Application:-
- Tie your back, away from the face.
- The skin should cleanse thoroughly before applying the mask.
- Use a flat, wide brush in order to apply the mask evenly.
- Do not apply any mask on the sensitive skin around the eyes, unless the mask is specially indicated for this region. Avoid lips too.
- Leave on the mask too it is dry. About half-an-hour should do.
- Remove the mask by rising it off with plenty of water, unless special direction for removal are indicated, as in the case of peel-off mask.
- Cleansing masks should be rubbed off the skin after wetting with water to aid the removal of dead cells.
You can also read about Aromatherapy: What Is Aromatherapy? How Does Essential Oil Works?
If there is an acne condition, use only medicated products. Exfoliation masks, grains and scrubs should not be used till the condition is controlled.
Specialized mask treatment like Thermoherb are used to minimize blemishes and give the skin a ‘face-lift’. This is a clinical procedure and should be used under professional supervision. Thermoherb is a powerful skin rejuvenating treatment.
Home Ingredients For Masks:-
1) For Dry Skin:
Mix half teaspoon honey with the yolk of an egg and one tablespoon dried milk powder. Mix into a paste and apply. Remove after 20 minutes with water.
2) For Oily Skin:
Mix half teaspoon of honey with egg white and one teaspoon lemon juice. Add fuller’s earth or brewer’s yeast powder. Mix into a paste and apply. Remove after 20 minutes with water.
3) For Oily Skin And Enlarged Pores:
Add lemon juice and a little milk to oatmeal. Apply the paste and remove after 20 minutes with water. Do not use if there are eruptions.
4) For Oily And Combination Skins:
Mix one tablespoon yoghurt with fuller’s earth and apply. Yoghurt itself can apply on the face. It helps to soften the skin and restores the natural acid mantle.
5) For Blackheads:
Add the white of an egg to oatmeal and apply for 15 to 20 minutes. Removes with water, rubbing gently.
6) For Sunburn:
Add a little lemon juice to milk and apply with cotton wool. Mayonnaise can also apply by itself. It helps to soothe sunburn.
7) For Skin Cleansing:
Make a pulp of raw papaya and apply. Papaya has cleansing action, softening dead skin cells and aiding their removal.
8) For All Skin Types:
Cucumber can apply all over the face. The juice is good for the skin around the eyes too. Helps to tighten the skin and has a cooling and refreshing effect.